Sunday, February 15, 2009

Instant Coffee?? Seriously Starbucks?

I realize that companies have to roll with the punches and chase after that next big market - but I just don't think that the behemoth that is Starbucks can really change their core audience - peeps that like to pay too much for coffee/treat themselves with expensive coffee. People want to take time out of their day and enjoy the experience - that is one of the reasons Starbucks can charge so much money per cup.

Those people (umm, I was one when I worked downtown near THREE Starbucks) love to go in and smell the aroma, wait in line, use the Starbucks lingo and get a treat. It is NOT something that can be achieved with instant coffee. Has anyone else read this artcle? Does anyone ese get a gross visceral raction to the words "instant coffee," or is that just me? It just makes me think of my grandma's house...not yummy Starbucks.

Anyways, what do y'all think? I'm about to curl up with a book and go to BED - I've worked four shifts at the restaurant (yes, I decided to do the waiting-tables-relying-on-tips-thing ... at least for now) since Friday night - so I am a little pooped.

Happy Sunday!

No comments: