Monday, April 26, 2010

Happy Monday!

The weather today is simply wonderful, and I've opened all the windows in my house! I just passed my LAST med-surge nursing test (not with a great grade...but HEY anything above an 80 is passing!), I have a hair appointment set for Thursday, I finally get to see the new modern art museum tonight AND book club is on Wednesday!!! YAY AWESOMENESS! And I get to finally watch Avatar while I paint my $5 table from the Goodwill Re-Store. =) Life is good at the moment and I'm just going to sit back and chill with it.

On a book note, I finished
The Road (did I already tell you that?) and As I Lay Dying. Finally reading Faulkner made me realize that I shouldn't be intimidated by any writer. I have been putting off Faulkner for YEARS (and I was an English major...) because I was intimidated and thought he would be absolutely boring. I was so pleasantly surprised! It was a wonderful novel - it was funny, sarcastic, biting and poignant. I just loved it. Thanks to S for suggesting that one.

AND M put up our ceiling fan in the kitchen. It looks three billion times better than that old piece of crap that has been hanging up there since we moved in. I can't tell you how big the smile was on my face when we took that old thing down!!! There is so much more to talk about, but I want to watch Avatar!

No comments: