Friday, January 1, 2010

Umm, on the "Books" note...

I was skimming the Web for a picture of my soon-to-be-latest-read, People of the Book, and came across SO MANY blogs about reading. And if you think that 30+ books in a year is a big number, go look for those blogs. Those people are reading 100+ books a year. Sheesh.

However, I thought this one post over at Lizzy's Literary Life was funny: The Book Bag. She talks about not knowing how many books to bring along on her upcoming trip to California, which is a dilemma that I just encountered. It was REALLY hard, but I narrowed it down and brought only four. =)

It also reminds me of a present M got me for Christmas - this bag from Barnes and Noble. It has well-known quotations from many different books, and I only had to look up two. (I was quite proud) My husband knows me so well!LASTLY, there are a bajillion "Book Challenges" out there. I really want to sign up for some but 1 - I'm worried about my class load and 2 - i don't want to write reviews. Sooo I'll figure out this whole "Challenge" stuff a bit more and report back later. Anyways, I guess NOW I'll go start on that Christmas stuff...

1 comment:

Lizzy Siddal said...

I saw that bag in Barnes and Nobel while in California - I was so tempted. In the end I opted to buy six books instead ..... I'll never learn.