Friday, January 1, 2010

Book Count: 2009

Well, 2009 is over and that means I must start a new "Books Read" list for 2010. Here's a list of all the books I read in 2009:

  • Persepolis 2
  • Free Range Chickens (SUPER fast and funny)
  • The Invention of Hugo Cabret (BEAUTIFUL pictures, really good)
  • The Children are Free (really interesting take on homosexuality and the Bible)
  • Mother Tongue
  • The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay
  • Snow Flower and the Secret Fan
  • What is the What (Amazing book, amazing story)
  • Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
  • The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test
  • Dewey, The Small Town Library Cat Who Touched The World
  • Sula
  • My Antonia (SO glad I read it, but I still like O, Pioneers! better...)
  • The Stand (Made me want to read other Stephen King novels)
  • City of Thieves (LOVED, LOVED)
  • Pride of Baghdad (Made me cry)
  • Marked
  • Blue Bloods
  • Twilight
  • New Moon
  • Eclipse
  • Breaking Dawn
  • Dune
  • How Starbucks Saved My Life
  • The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (Another easy one that everyone should read)
  • Love, Loss, and What I Wore
  • The City of Ember
  • The Zookeeper's Wife: A War Story
  • White Teeth (FINALLY read Zadie Smith, and WOW)
  • Born on a Blue Day

Total for the year: 31. That's three less than 2008's total...but I DID start nursing school this year...so give me a break. There IS a lot of easy-peasy fiction on there (Harry Potter, Twilight, vampire teen novels ... but once again, I was on VACATION in between school semesters and I needed something easy. Thankfully our book club meets this next week, so I 'll get 2010's list started sooner rather than later. I have a feeling this semester at school isn't really going to allow me much reading time. Sigh.

Also, this year I want to read more nonfiction. The Zookeeper's Wife was nonfiction - or really a nonfiction narrative - and both What is the What and Born on a Blue Day were memoirs, but that's it. My uncle M reads ONLY nonfiction, but I can't imagine doing that.

Anyways. I'm off to take down Christmas decorations! Woot woot!

No comments: