Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Queen - or How S was Right.

Ummm my best-friend-since-we-were-twelve S has always liked Queen. And I always thought she was a little off her rocker. I don't know WHY, but I think it has to do with the fact that she would scream the lyrics to "Bohemian Rhapsody" - that EVERYONE screams the lyrics to that song...including my Freshman college roommate. Anyways. I didn't know what the big deal was. The middle part of that song is odd. Seriously people.

However, it seems that I was ACTUALLY a Queen fan and didn't even know it. M played the video of "Don't Stop Me Know" on YouTube and I was like - "oh hey that is the song S and her bro were singing at the Piano bar...it's kinda cool. Who sings it?"

M almost killed me with the daggers shooting from his eyes. M then guided us on a Queen YouTube binge...and I found out that "We Will Rock You," "We Are the Champions," "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" and "Another One Bites the Dust" are ALL QUEEN SONGS.

And my mind was blown.

I blame S for not telling me all this earlier - ok FORCING me to listen to her. Then we could have been rocking out to Queen for the last decade. =)

UMMM PS - Did you know that it's Don't Stop Me Now that's playing during the Jukebox scene from Shaun of the Dead? Best movie ever. Best scene ever...

No comments: