I am rapidly approaching SPRING BREAK and that means LOTS of waiting tables and LOTS MORE reading!!! Right now I have nine books on my "Read" list for 2010, and I have FIVE books waiting for me at the library!!! Let me say again how much I LOVE THE LIBARARY and how library funding is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT! You HEAR ME BEV PURDUE??? Sorry...SO back to the reading list. So far I have read...
1. People of the Book, Geraldine Brooks
2. and 3. Maus I and II, Art Spiegelman
4. Eat, Pray, Love, Elizabeth Gilbert
5. The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins
6. A Game of Thrones, George R.R. Martin
7. 1000 NIghts of Snowfall, Bill Willingham
8. The Host, Stephanie Meyer
9. The Shack, William P. Young
I'm currently reading Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson (last month's book club selection), and need to start on The Road, since that is this month's selection. Now I have an excuse to read that book! Both M and my dad told me NOT to read The Road, since I am very sensitive and have a propensity for keeping images in my head a long time. However, I talked to S, and she thinks that since I read Blindness by Jose Saramago, I should be ok. (Blindness has an extremely graphic scene in it that still haunts both of us...) And I have the following waiting for me at the library:
1. The Abstinenece Teacher, Tom Perrotta
2. The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, Junot Diaz
3. Then We Came to the End, Joshua Ferris
4. Traveling with Pomegranates, Sue Monk Kidd
5. The Yiddish Policemen's Union, Michael Chabon
With three more requested but not available yet. =) I know it's a sickness - but at least I'm addicted to reading, and not crack! Hopefully I can plow through some of these during Spring Break - and can recommend one of them to my mom for her (very) fledgling book club!