Friday, March 13, 2009

Case of the ... Fridays?

I think a case of the Fridays happens when you're hung over from drinking on a Thursday night. To try and ward them odd, I'm going to try and list some things that I am THANKFUL for right now, because I am more pissed off this morning than hung over. Meh.

  • I am thankful my cat is adorable, and likes to sleep on my head (I just wish he'd SHUT UP in the morning when he ALREADY HAS FOOD. SHEESH CAT SHUTTUP.)
  • I am thankful I have a computer, even though I am currently stealing my internet from someone in the building since I have NO CLUE what happened to our wireless.
  • I am thankful I have legs, and that M has legs, for a few reasons really - so that M has pants (even though they need to be hemmed) and so that I can run after his car this morning (in my robe, like a crazy) with the aforementioned pants in my hands.
  • I'm thankful my mom came down and stayed with us the other day - and cleaned our place from head to toe - even though she unplugged the coffee maker and we have to reset it...with it's wonky-won't-work button.
  • I am thankful I have a job in these nutty-ass times - even though that job makes me work when ALL of my friends are NOT working, and so I have to make friends with the peeps that WORK at the restaurant...who aren't bad people, they just have different kinds of LIVES...and get excited about SERVING FOOD (management) or act like dicks (certain managers...and servers...)
  • Lastly, I am thankful I have time to volunteer. I can learn about the hospital and patient care in a small way... but let's just be honest. I'm tired and it's 8:30 a.m. on a Friday and I DON'T WANT TO GO.
Sigh. Sorry for being a whiny bee-yotch. But, sometimes you just gotta throw it all out there, even if it's ugly and awful and inconsiderate and mean and ungrateful.

Because hey, we all get a case of the Fridays every once in a while - right?

No comments: