Friday, May 9, 2008

Happy Friday!

Hi.

I feel AWFUL about not posting until now, but there has been a lot going on in my life and in my head. I had to come to terms with some money things – mostly that I am more than a little OCD when it comes to money and I need to chill out – or risk hurting my relationship with M.

Not cool.

So, I took a little time off from blogging so I wouldn’t obsess. Because when I blog I’m usually obsessing over SOMETHING. Ya know? BUT I feel like I am in a better place now, and can blog without obsession – at least today. =)

Here’s a money tidbit I’ve learned over the last week:
Planning parties can be expensive – I know this is a no-brainer, but throwing parties are usually expensive. AND I am throwing a “Sex and the City” party tonight, in honor of the movie’s release. But, I tried to cut costs by using stuff I already had and making the theme (and the invitees) the fun focus of the evening. It also helps that M’s friend knows the best kind of bargain vodka (cheap, yet no hangover). He’s my personal vodka expert! We’ll see how it works out.

On another note, my car is back from the shop and ready to roll! I was hoping they could, ahem, spray the front of the car to get rid of the yellow and black scrapes I’m currently sporting, but alas they didn’t. That’s ok though – the bill was still close to $600! However, I’m NOT panicking. Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa and their decision to give me savings bonds every birthday and Christmas, I have the cash to pay for my car repairs AND my impending wisdom teeth removal.

Now, I decided to trade in all my bonds, even though some of them weren’t fully matured. But…life goes on. I need the money and I would rather take this extra source of cash and put it toward these expenses, then take the money out of our emergency fund. It’s a choice I’m comfortable with, so there. So THANK YOU Grandma. I seriously appreciate the free car repairs and surgery.

Anyway, I have a TON to do – apartment to clean, present to finish (I’ll talk about that after Mothers’ Day), party to have, places to go, bridal showers to attend, bachelorette parties to attend, old friends to see and mothers to celebrate. WHEW.

Everyone have a great weekend!

OH and a PS to my last [GRUMPY] post…I miscalculated. I miscalculated and I nearly went nuts. It’s a really good thing I’m not an accountant because I would have been fired. So we’re fine. Very fine. And, M got a raise! =)

No comments: